Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka, is known as the Garden City and houses beautiful parks such as Cubbon Park & Lal Bagh. Over the last decade and half, it has also morphed into the IT capital of India. As such many global organizations have set up shop here. During the same period of time, Indiranagar has evolved from a quiet residential area to a bustling commercial and entertainment hub. jüSTa Indiranagar provides you with an easy access to all that Bangalore has to offer.
Lalbagh or Lalbagh Botanical Gardens, meaning The Red Garden in English, is a well-known botanical garden in southern Bengaluru, India. It has a famous glass house which hosts two annual flower shows (26 January and 15 August). Lalbagh houses India's largest collection of tropical plants, has a lake, and is one of the main tourist attractions in Bengaluru. Lal Bagh is also home to a few species of birds. The commonly sighted birds include Myna, Parakeets, Crows, Brahminy Kite, Pond Heron, Common Egret, Purple Moor Hen etc.
Cubbon Park, is a landmark 'lung' area of the Bengaluru city, located in the heart of the city in the Central Administrative Area. Originally created in 1870, when Major General Richard Sankey was the then British Chief Engineer of Mysore state, it covered an area of 100 acres (0.40 km2) and subsequent expansion has taken place and the area reported now is about 300 acres (1.2 km). It has a rich recorded history of abundant flora and fauna plantations coupled with numerous impressive and aesthetically located buildings and statues of famous personages. This public park was first named as Meade’s Park after Sir John Meade, the acting Commissioner of Mysuru in 1870 and subsequently renamed as Cubbon Park after the longest-serving commissioner of the time, Sir Mark Cubbon.
The Vidhana Soudha located in Bengaluru, is the seat of the state legislature of Karnataka. It is an imposing building, constructed in a style sometimes described as Mysore Neo-Dravidian, and incorporates elements of Indo-Saracenic and Dravidian styles.The construction was completed in 1956.
The palace was built in the year 1887 by King Chamaraja Wadiyar and is today open to the public who come to witness the lavish and elegant splendor of one of South India’s most enduring dynasties.The area where the palace is now located originally belonged to Reverend J Garrett, who was a school principal in the cantonment town. It was purchased in 1873 by the guardians of Chamaraja Wadiyar and construction began in 1874. John Cameron, the person behind Lalbagh was enrolled for the landscaping of the palace and surrounding areas. Initial construction was completed in 1878 and subsequent additions and renovations have been carried out since.The palace features mainly wooden interiors and is surrounded by gardens. The architectural style is a mix of Tudor and Scottish Gothic with many physical elements inside imported from Britain. It is believed that Chamaraja Wadiyar found inspiration in Windsor Castle and other structures of Normandy and England.