Since summers are soaring high in the month of June, July comes with a relief of pleasant weather with monsoon rains. And what’s better than enjoying the onset of monsoon than travelling to the best places to visit in July 2023?
The month of July is the month of enchantment as the country transitions from scorching summers to the refreshing setting of the monsoon season. With rain showers, gentle breeze and fresh tropic greenery casting a magical spell, July offers a unique opportunity to explore some of the most beautiful destinations in the country.
Today, we will uncover the 10 best places to travel in July in India to bring back refreshing monsoon memories for you. So, pack your bags, put on your raincoat, and get ready for an unforgettable journey through these amazing destinations to travel in July in India!
Top 10 Places to Visit in July in 2023
With lush green valleys, beautiful water streams and scenic lakes, Munanr makes for a perfect destination to visit in India during Monsoons.
Nestled in the Western Ghats, this hill station becomes a haven of lush greenery and mist-covered landscapes during the rainy season. The rain-washed tea plantations of Munnar offer a surreal time to explore this scenic hill station of Kerala.
Visiting Munnar in July allows you to witness the beauty of nature in its purest form. The aroma of freshly brewed tea fills the air, creating an environment of serenity. Waterfalls come alive, and the surrounding hills are covered in a magical mist.
Things to do in Munnar during July
- Explore the rolling tea estates and take a short stroll through the misty paths to rejuvenate your senses with the rhythmic sounds of rainfall.
- Visit the Eravikulam National Park, which is home to the endangered Nilgiri Tahr and observe wildlife amidst the greenery.
- Sip on a cup of aromatic tea while enjoying panoramic views from the top of the hills.
- Experience the charm of Mattupetty Dam, where the rainwater flows down the spillway, adding to the scenic beauty.
Where to Stay in Munnar in July?
When planning a trip to Munnar in July, jüSTa Rangers, Munnar Foothills is an ideal location to stay at. Our lovely resort is a modern-day retreat offering scenic surroundings, adventurous wildlife sanctuaries, and a pleasant atmosphere that transports you back to the British era’s summer retreat.
From trekking through the hills to walking in the tea gardens or simply resting in the cosy accommodations, jüSTa Rangers offers you the best kind of luxury in this scenic town of Kerala.
With high-end amenities, cutting-edge infrastructure, and spacious suites, jüSTa Rangers, Munnar Foothills is one of the best luxury hotels in Munnar.
Udaipur is one of the top places to visit during monsoons. Also known as the city of lakes, it has majestic places, vibrant bazaars, cultural fiesta, and historic sites. As rain showers arrive in the city, Udaipur adorns a lush green cloak, adding to its charm and allure.
The monsoon showers enhance its royal charm and natural beauty, which is enough to captivate travellers’ hearts and lock them in the city’s beauty during monsoons.
Things to do in Udaipur in July
- Take a boat ride across the serene Lake Pichola lake and immerse in the cool breeze and drizzling rain.
- Visit the City Palace atop a hill offering panoramic views of the city and surrounding Aravalli Hills. The palace comes alive with a fresh vibrancy during the monsoon season.
- Wander through the lush greenery of the Garden of the Maidens and listen to the melodic sounds of peacocks in the rain.
Where to Stay in Udaipur in July?
1. jüSTa Sajjangarh Resort & Spa, Udaipur
Perched in the core of Udaipur, jüSTa Sajjangarh Resort & Spa is one of our finest properties in Udaipur. It is in close proximity to the Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary and offers a unique opportunity to connect with nature and explore the magnificence of the city of the lakes.
2. jüSTa Rajputana Resort & Convention Centre, Udaipur
Set amid the lush green lawns and brilliance of a palace, jüSTa Rajputana is our second luxury resort in Udaipur. Perfect for a getaway in July, it presents an ideal retreat for guests who seek to indulge in luxury with comfort.
3. jüSTa Ssatva Resort, Udaipur
jüSTa Ssatva Resort is our third and unique five-star wonder in the city of lakes. Nestled on the banks of Lake Pichola, our resort offers best-in-class rooms & suites and is one the best hotels in Udaipur for vacationing in the monsoon season.
If you want to hit the road and enjoy the monsoon season in India’s best beach city, Goa is the best place to travel in July this year. With its stunning sunsets, tropical backdrop, exuberant nightlife, colonial-era churches and beautiful pathways, Goa is filled with tourists all year.
What makes it unique during July and other monsoon months is the town is less crowded and yet the best time to explore the serenity of Goa.
July uncovers a different side of this coastal paradise. As the monsoon sets in, the rain-washed landscapes and lush greenery create a striking charm for exploring this party capital.
Things to do in Goa in July
- Visit the Dudhsagar Falls running down from over 300 meters, and witness a breathtaking view amidst the lush Western Ghats.
- Explore the spice plantations, where the fragrance of fresh spices mixes with the sweet aroma of the rain-soaked earth.
- Explore Old Goa’s historic churches and charming colonial-era houses, such as the Basilica of Bom Jesus and the Se Cathedral.
- Take a long walk through the retro streets of Fontainhas, the Latin Quarter of Panaji, where colourful houses and narrow lanes create a pleasing ambience.
- Savour the Goan specialities like fish curry, prawn balchão, and bebinca while enjoying the laid-back atmosphere of beach shacks and local restaurants.
Where to Stay in Goa in July?
Enjoy a refreshing experience with the tropical water at your feet with our luxurious stay at jüSTa Morjim Beach Resort in Goa. Our 4-star boutique resort is the perfect getaway for both leisure and corporate travellers.
The resort offers picturesque beach views just a few miles from well-equipped guest rooms and our multi-cuisine in-house restaurant.
Located on the North side of Goa, jüSTa Casa Frangipani is a luxury boutique hotel offering a blend of comfort and elegance to create an unparalleled experience. The hotel is near Anjuna Beach, Baga Beach, Calangute Beach and Candolim Beach.
From elegant Frangipani wallpapers to our lush courtyard and leafy surroundings in Assagao, every aspect of Casa Frangipani is designed to promote a sense of well-being and renewal.
Also known as the world’s Yoga capital, this holy city thrives during July and offers some unbeatable views and pleasant weather to explore the best of this city.
As the rain showers breathe life into the Ganges River, the town becomes a serene destination, perfect for those seeking solace and a deeper connection with nature.
Rishikesh offers a unique opportunity to experience the quiet side of this spiritual city and is one of the best places to travel in July in India.
Things to do in Rishikesh in July
- Attend a yoga or a meditation session and feel the refreshing energy as you practice yoga amidst the mist-covered hills and the gentle sound of rain in the background.
- Witness the Ganga Aarti, a beautiful ritual that occurs every evening on the banks of the sacred river.
- Embark on adventurous activities and seek the thrill of river rafting.
- Stroll along the Laxman Jhula and Ram Jhula and admire the scenic beauty of the surrounding hills while hearing the calming sounds of flowing water.
Where to Stay in Rishikesh in July?
Soak in the spiritual vibes of Rishikesh during the monsoon with jüSTa Rasa Retreat & Spa. It is a luxe resort set amidst lush green hills and the sacred Ganges, making it an ideal place to stay in Rishikesh in July.
Our luxury resort is furnished with state-of-the-art amenities and is away from city life’s usual hustle and bustle. If you want to experience nature’s serenity, you can sit by the banks of the Ganges river, easily accessible from our resort, and enjoy the scenic views.
Dotted with scenic landscapes, glistening lakes, vibrant markets, and abundant greenery, the city of lakes in Uttarakhand is one of the best places to visit in July 2023.
During monsoons, Nainital’s tranquil ambience, pleasant weather, and lush green surroundings make it an idyllic destination to rejuvenate your senses and reconnect with nature.
Things to do in Nainital in July
- Visit the exquisite Naini Lake as the raindrops create mesmerising waves on the water’s surface, mirroring the surrounding hills and colourful buildings.
- Explore Mall Road, a bustling boardwalk encircles the lake, lined with shops, restaurants, and hotels.
- Go on nature walks and hiking trails to experience the captivating beauty of the region.
- Visit Tiffin Top, also known as Dorothy’s Seat, for panoramic views of the Himalayas and the serene valleys below.
- Seek blessings at the Naina Devi Temple, located on the lake’s northern shore, which holds significant religious and cultural importance for the locals.
If you are seeking an escape from the hustle and bustle in the central city of Nainital, then embark on a journey towards Mukteshwar, a 2-hour drive away from Nainital.
Nestled in the Kumaon Hills of Uttarakhand, Mukteshwar is a hidden gem that becomes even more enchanting during the monsoon season in July.
The town offers a serene ambience, surrounded by dense forests, fruit orchards, and panoramic views of the snow-capped Himalayas.
As the rain showers dampen the region, the landscape comes alive with vibrant hues of green, creating a picture-perfect destination for nature lovers and solitude seekers.
Things to do in Mukteshwar in July
- Explore outdoors, breathe in the crisp, refreshing air, and listen to the melodic chirping of the birds.
- Enjoy the panoramic views of the Himalayan peaks, including Nanda Devi and Trishul, from viewpoints such as Chauli Ki Jali and Mukteshwar Dham.
- Stroll through the orchards where the trees are laden with juicy apples.
- Offer prayers at the Mukteshwar Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva. This ancient temple holds great religious significance and offers a serene ambience for prayer and meditation.
Where to Stay in Mukteshwar in July?
Perched at an altitude of 7500 ft above sea level, jüSTa Mukteshwar Retreat & Spa provides stunning panoramic views of the mighty Himalayas. The lush green forests around create an idyllic atmosphere for rejuvenation.
From the cosy and warm Himalayan view rooms to the Premier and Forest view rooms, we provide homely comfort with an added touch of luxury. Indulge in a truly unforgettable experience at jüSTa Mukteshwar Retreat & Spa, where luxury meets natural beauty.
Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
Resting in the lap of the Dhauladhar Range in Himachal Pradesh, Dharamshala is famous for its captivating beauty, especially during the monsoon season in July.
As the rain showers wash over the region, this Tibetan haven transforms into a lush green paradise, offering a tranquil escape from the summer heat.
Surrounded by mist-covered mountains, cascading waterfalls, and Buddhist monasteries, this hill station is a perfect destination for nature lovers and spiritual seekers alike.
Things to do in Dharamshala in July
- Trace the picturesque trails and take a leisurely walk amidst the misty mountains.
- Embrace the beauty of waterfalls like Bhagsu Falls and Dal Lake, where gushing waters create a sight to behold.
- Experience the Tibetan Buddhist culture by visiting the Namgyal Monastery.
- Visit the Norbulingka Institute, a centre for preserving Tibetan art and culture, where you can witness traditional art forms and even participate in workshops.
Where to Stay in Dharamshala in July?
With the unique culture and heritage charm of Himachal on one side and mountain serenity on the other, jüSTa Birding Dharamshala is a beautiful blend of a traditional and modern stay.
Greenery, beautiful skies, and a panoramic view of hills surround our gorgeous 5-star hotel. This serene Resort in Dharamshala is designed perfectly to offer solitude in the lap of nature. It is also seen as a great place to choose for a getaway in the hills and admire the beauty of the monsoon season.
Tucked away in the roaring hills of Himachal Pradesh, Manali emerges as a popular destination during the July monsoon season.
Surrounded by snow-capped peaks, lush valleys, and gushing river streams, this quaint town near Kullu offers a serene and adventurous getaway amidst the raw beauty of nature.
As the monsoon onsets, the landscape transforms into a vibrant green paradise, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers, adventure enthusiasts, and those seeking tranquillity.
Things to do in Manali in July
- Visit the Beas River and go on a thrilling river rafting adventure to pump up your adrenaline rush.
- Explore the lush forests and meandering trails, such as the famous Hampta Pass Trek or the picturesque Solang Valley.
- Visit the Hadimba Devi Temple, an ancient wooden temple devoted to the goddess Hadimba
- Shop from the vibrant local markets and get traditional handicrafts, woollens, and some local produce.
Where to Stay in Manali in July?
Situated just 5 km from the central Manali area, jüSTa Grand View Resort Manali is far from bustling crowds & noise. It is a peaceful, spacious, and elegant resort in Manali.
The location is impressive due to the snow-clad mountain views from all sides, making for a perfect stay during monsoons. The property is encircled by fields & lovely orchards, along with water streams flowing down the rocks, making it an ideal location for a getaway in the monsoons.
Also Read: Top Offbeat Things to Do in Manali
Also known as the queen of the hills, Shimla is always packed with tourists and is one of India’s top places to travel in July.
Nestled in the majestic Himalayas, Shimla is a picturesque destination that adopts a unique charm during the monsoon season in July. The scenic hill station offers a lovely blend of colonial architecture, lush greenery, and foggy landscapes.
Shimla transforms into a verdant paradise as the rain showers arrive, making it an enchanting retreat for nature enthusiasts, adventure seekers, and those seeking a respite from the summer heat.
Things to do in Shimla in July
- Stroll along this iconic mall Road, surrounded by charming British-era buildings and countless eateries.
- Explore the lush forests and take leisurely walks along the paths that lead to scenic spots like Jakhu Hill.
- Visit Chadwick Falls, a magnificent waterfall that comes to life during the monsoons, cascading down amidst leafy vegetation.
- Explore the Christ Church, one of the oldest churches in North India, with its stained glass windows and serene ambience.
Where to Stay in Shimla in July?
Set against the majestic Himalayas, jüSTa Cliffend Resort & Spa is a lovely space to stay when vacationing in Shimla in July.
Snow-capped hills and lush greenery encircle our picturesque and lavish resort, and are away from the packed streets of Shimla. The location boasts dazzling natural beauty, including multiple adventure trails from the resort to indulge in.
The resort features carefully designed cottage-style rooms, giving you all the vintage feels where you can enjoy a premium stay experience with high-end facilities.
Nestled in the Kangra Valley of Himachal Pradesh, Palampur emerges as a quaint destination during the monsoon season in July.
Surrounded by lush tea gardens, verdant valleys, and the majestic Dhauladhar Range, Palampur offers a tranquil retreat amidst the lap of nature.
As the rain showers drench the region, Palampur transforms into a paradise of vibrant greenery, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers, adventure seekers, and those seeking a peaceful getaway.
Things to do in Palampur in July
- Go for a walk through the manicured tea estates, breathing in the aroma of freshly brewed tea leaves and immersing yourself in the serenity of the surroundings.
- Trek to Baijnath Temple, an ancient Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, and marvel at its detailed stone carvings and spiritual ambience
- Visit the charming village of Andretta, where you can witness the creativity and talent of local artists.
- Visit the famous Bundla Chasm, a waterfall that becomes even more beautiful during this season.
Where to Stay in Palampur in July?
Palampur is about soaking in the serene surroundings of lush green tea estates in snow-capped mountains for a short escape from the outer world. Explore this quaint town’s monsoon season with jüSTa Palampur Resort & Convention.
Our resort is on the hilltop and offers breathtaking views of the Dhauladhar range. From a luxury and comfortable space to lush tea gardens in the backyard, jüSTa Palampur is the best luxury resort in Palampur.
July in India arrives with a unique blend of pleasant weather and the onset of the monsoon, making it an ideal time to explore the country’s captivating destinations. Whether you choose to visit the hills of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand or embrace the coastal charm of Goa, these ten best places to visit in July 2023 will leave you mesmerised by the beauty of India’s diverse landscapes.
So, immerse yourself in the monsoon magic, and create memories with jüSTa Hotels & Resorts anywhere and everywhere you go this season.