When you think of traveling to goa, the very first thing that comes to your mind is exploring the exquisite warm beaches of North & South Goa, performing adrenaline pumping water sports, chilling at the beach cafe, experiencing a walkover tour of the colorful flea market, and sumptuous Goan cuisines. The above mentioned are the best things to do in Goa all around the year because the state has its own tagline, “365 days of holiday in a year”. But when it comes to exploring the spectacular beaches, tasting sumptuous meals, and indulging in Goa party modes in the summer season, there comes a major dilemma in mind.
Is that possible to travel to Goa in the summer season? Yes, it is, especially when you come prepared for a slightly increased temperature and more scorching heat during the daytime.
In this short travel guide, we let you know the best activities to do in Goa during the summer months mainly March, April, May, and June. We are excluding July and August months due to the expected rainfall season and it is no good to explore beaches at such high tide times.
Summer Months in Goa
Before we get down the points of this helpful Goa summer guide, let’s find out about the super hot months here in this coastal paradise. March, April, May, and June are four extreme hot weather season months to find in Goa. Most travelers avoid exploring Goa during such hot scorching and humid months.
However, there is a slight difference between all these months. March and April months are less hot compared to May and June with the daytime temperature reaching approximately 33 degrees. While the nighttime temperature comes around 23 degrees. This is quite a normal weather season for city-goers who already experience such a hot weather climate in their respective regions. Therefore, you can prefer to travel in March and April.
On the other side, May and June are the hottest months of the year. Just because of the wedding season in these two months, most couples prefer to explore Goa at this point in time. So, you can plan the same accordingly. The only precautionary measure to keep in mind is to start exploring the beauty of Goa from early morning onwards and take a rest inside the hotel during afternoon hours.
Benefits of Traveling Goa During Summer Season
It’s not like people do not travel to Goa during the hot scorching summer season. Several explorers prefer these months only owing to the following few benefits.
- Not so crowded beaches during summer. It provides ample time to explore several beaches in tranquility.
- Accommodation in Goa during the summer months is much cheaper compared to January to February and October to December. Thus, you can easily book a luxury beach resort in Goa at a pocket-soothing price.
- Goa is affordable during the summer season especially water sports activities, foods, and party lounges prices are on the downward side.
- Enjoy a serene holiday experience during summer due to less crowd across different regions like forts, beaches, flea markets, party zones, and other destinations.
Unique Things To Do in Goa During Summer Months
Now, that you are aware of the fact of traveling to Goa during summer is not a bad decision at all. And, it has its own set of benefits in terms of saving your travel cost and providing a more tranquil experience across varied destinations. Lastly, there are some unique activities to do in Goa during the summer season.
- Perform the most sought-after water adventure sport in Goa which is parasailing at any of the beaches like Anjuna, Calangute, Baga, Candolim, Dona Paula, Majorda, or any other.
- Explore the rich aquatic life of Goa that has never been seen before and is most visible during the less crowded summer months. Dolphin watching is one of the experiences to look for around different beaches like Coco, Palolem, Sinquerim, Morjom, or any other.
- Beach the summer heat in the best available manner by undergoing the ocean water while performing the adventurous scuba diving activity. Not many people take a dip inside the ocean during the summer months which give you the flexibility to best explore the aquatic life.
- Give your Goa travel experience a bit of forest and waterfall exploration taste across less crowded regions like Dudhsagar waterfall, Arvalem caves, Rivona caves, and lamhau caves.
- If get a chance, then do participate in the summer special Goa Mango festival, San Jao festival, Goa Cashew & Coconut festival, and several other celebrations around.
Explore Goa like never before, even during the hot and humid season of summer. Take a rest inside your luxurious beach resort during the afternoon and rest and explore the scenic coastal beauty of the city in a cost-effective manner. Plan your Goa travel during March, April, May, or June month at a much less price compared to other days of the year.