Enroute to Spirituality Towards Shrinathji Temple Nathdwara
A tour of the ancient, historical, and the traditional state of Rajasthan is incomplete without experiencing its spiritual side. Since India is a land of thousands of years old Vedas and Scriptures that contain the rich mythological past of the largest democratic nation, you cannot ignore the interesting spiritual stories of the past and visit architecturally rich temples and spiritual sites. One of the best places to visit near Udaipur is the famous Shrinathji Temple, strategically located in the northeast region of Udaipur i.e., Nathdwara. Travelers can easily find best resorts near nathdwara and take a cab or a bus ride from the City of Lakes, Udaipur to reach Nathdwara in an approx drive of 1 hour.
Shrinathji Temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna’s infant avatar. The temple is located on the banks of Banas River also surrounded by the magnificent view of Aravalli Hills. Every single year, numerous devotees and travelers come to Nathdwara and pay their respects at the temple. While some of them visit this spiritually rich location of Nathdwara, feel the presence of God around, praise the architecture, explore nearby areas, and stay at a resort near shrinathji temple, the best among them is Justa Brij Bhoomi located close to the temple.
Background History of Shrinathji Temple Nathdwara
There are some interesting background facts and tales associated with Shrinathji Temple Nathdwara. Get to know the same here to make your visit memorable.
* The glorious temple dedicated to Lord Krishna dates back to the time of Meera Bai.
* The central deity of the temple is a 7-year old child avatar of Lord Krishna.
* During the Mughal period, once Mughal emperor Aurangzeb lifted the idol from Vrindavan and the wheels of his cart stuck into the deep mud at this place of Nathdwara and could not be lifted. From then onwards, Shrinathji’s deity idol is here.
* The architecturally rich temple was constructed way back in 1672.
* The architecture of the temple resembles the Nanda Maharaja Temple in Vrindavan.
* Shrinathji is not the only temple in the world. There are a total of 11 Shrinathji temples in the world among which some of them can be found in the USA and Pakistan.
Things to Do at Shrinathji Temple
Come to Shrinathji Temple to experience the whole day rituals that comprises the following things to do in nathdwara.
* Mangala Arti: It is the first darshan of the idol. Time slot is 5:15 AM to 6 AM
* Srinagar: In this process, the deity’s idol is re-decorated and dressed up with new and fresh clothes. Time slot is 7:15AM to 7:45AM.
* Gwal: This is the third-stage of religious ritual of the day in which it is the time of mid-morning snack of God. Time slot is 9:15AM to 9:30 AM.
* Rajbhog: It is the lunchtime of God. Time slot is 11:15AM to 12:05AM.
* Uthapan: It is the siesta time of the day. Time slot is 3:30 PM to 3:45 PM.
* Bhog: Bhog is the dinner time of Shrinathji. Time slot is 4:45 PM to 5 PM.
* Sandhya Aarti: It is the final time of Puja. Time slot is 5:15 PM to 6 PM
* Shayan: It is the quiet time of God. Time slot is 6:50PM to 7:30PM.
This is something not to miss at the Shrinathji Temple, Nathdwara. A whole world of delicacies is prepared and served fresh to all the devotees.
Sagar Prasad is served at the temple that comprises almonds, sugar, and ghee. Also, you can savour the flavours of Rabdi, Masala Milk, Pudina Chai, Thandai, Sabudana Vada, Dhokla, Bhajiya, Nimbu Soda, Gujarati Thali, Rajasthani Thali, and much more at the temple.
Nearby Shrinathji Temple, you can explore the local markets to shop for the rich handicrafts and other colourful items including the following:
* Pichwai paintings
* Terracotta products
* Leheriya and Gota sarees
* Imitation jewellery
Best Place to Stay in Shrinathji Temple
Finding the best hotel in Nathdwara is not a hassle for travelers. There are several options available for explorers and the ideal one is Justa Brij Bhoomi, Nathdwara located close to the temple.
The best part is that it is a traditionally rich Haveli like luxury resort in nathdwara located on the top of that hill and spread across a wide area of 5-acre. Best to look at from far off distance due to its white and yellow hues of big structure, it will be an unforgettable experience to stay at this hotel while at the top and get a panoramic view of Aravalli Hills, lush greenery, and all over the city around.
To bring a luscious stay to travelers, the hotel features tastefully decorated guest rooms filled with modern-day amenities, an outdoor swimming pool, patio area, in-house restaurant, large garden area, and much more.
To know more about Shrinathji Temple, Visit : https://www.nathdwaratemple.org/