Udaipur is among the top travel destinations in Rajasthan that attracts maximum tourist footfall for its splendid natural beauty, & many travel spots it is dotted with. This famous city of Rajasthan is called the City of Lakes due to the many lakes here, including Lake Pichola, where many tourists love having a memorable boating experience. But there are other destinations in Udaipur that you should pay attention to.
Those planning to escape from the mundane city lifestyle must visit this beautiful city of Rajasthan that casts a spell over its visitors with its exquisite natural beauty, history, cultural heritage, traditions, serene lakes, temples, & mouth-watering dishes. One more significant reason tourists are attracted to this beautiful city is its fabulous architecture initiated by the Mewar rulers. If you plan to stay here, you can search for the best hotels in Udaipur.
Top Travel Destinations in Udaipur To Have a Wonderful Vacation
City Palace is one of the famous tourist spots to explore in Udaipur. The place got its name due to the conglomeration of multiple buildings & towers. Linked to the royal Mewar lineage, this famous travel destination features other attractions. Enjoy the Mewar Light & Sound Show during your late-night stay in City Palace.
- Timings: 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Things To Do: Acknowledging the architectural marvels, Exploring buildings/towns, & enjoying the Mewar Light & Sound Show.
- Distance From Udaipur City: 4.2 km
Udaipur is famously called the City of Lakes, as there are many lakes to explore here. One prominent example is Lake Pichola. This famous attraction cannot go unnoticed in Udaipur, as it is one of the fantastic spots for boating & capturing the lovely sunset view. The boat riding activity begins from Rameshwar Ghat. You can search for the best hotel in Lake Pichola in Udaipur for your comfy staycation.
- Timings: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Things To Do: Going behind the lens, nature walks, & boat riding
- Distance From Udaipur City: 5 km
Maharana Pratap Memorial
Maharana Pratap is one of the revered historical figures we have read about in our textbooks. To commemorate his valour & courage, you should visit Maharana Pratap Memorial in Udaipur. The statue of the Mewar warrior on his beloved horse Chetak will give you a glimpse of the famous battle of Haldighati.
- Timings: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Things To Do: Exploring the famous statue of Mewar’s braveheart warrior
- Distance From Udaipur City: 4.4 km
The 3-storied structure Jag Mandir is an ancient 17th-century masterpiece, located in the middle of Lake Pichola. On your visit to this spot via boating, you will experience watching the majestic structures with Jagmandir. These structures are of marble-made elephants that are located outside. To reach Jag Mandir, you can book your stay at a hotel in Udaipur near Lake Pichola.
- Timings: 10:00 AM to 6:00 AM
- Things To Do: Exploring the impressive structures, admiring the architecture, & enjoying the boating ride.
- Distance From Udaipur City: 5.1 km
Jagdish Temple in Udaipur is a famous holy spot that attracts many tourists & devotees. Among many names, Jagdish is also one name of Lord Vishnu. When visiting this temple, you will see a wonderful black statue of the deity. Outside, you will see the brass statue of his mount, Garud.
- Timings: 5:00 AM to 2:30 PM & 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Things To Do: Visiting the temple, & praying to Lord Vishnu
- Distance From Udaipur City: 3.7 km
Fateh Sagar Lake
Your journey to Udaipur is complete when visiting Fateh Sagar Lake. It is one of the famous tourist spots to enjoy boating with your loved ones. Visiting this place, you will come across three islands, among which Nehru Park is the most noted. Besides this, you can also join your little ones in exploring the zoo near this lake. The famous Udaipur Solar Observatory was built on one of the islands by Dr Arvind Bhatanagar.
- Timings: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Things To Do: Picnicking at zoo & boat riding
- Distance From Udaipur City: 4.8 km
Saheliyon Ki Bari
Next is Saheliyon Ki Bari, or The Gardens of Maidens, a famous tourist attraction in Udaipur. Built by Maharana Bhopal Singh, this travel spot lies in the northern part of the city. This place was made for maidens to enjoy singing, dancing, cheering, & taking pleasure in recreational activities. The site has a lotus pool, fountains, kiosks, & marble elephants. To reach Saheliyon Ki Bari, you can find your staycation at the best luxury hotel in Udaipur.
- Timings: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Things To Do: Taking photos, admiring the architecture, & sightseeing
- Distance From Udaipur City: 4.2 km
Bhartiya Lok Kala Museum
If you are an avid explorer of folk art, then visit Bhartiya Lok Kala Museum. It is a must-visit for history lovers who love to research the culture of the desert state. Visiting this museum will help you learn about Udaipur’s royal era. It stocks tribal jewellery, paintings, dresses, musical instruments, puppets, turbans, & dolls.
- Timings: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Things To Do: Watching folk dance performance, puppet shows, & seeing collection of treasured items.
- Distance From Udaipur City: 3.1 km
Bagore Ki Haveli
Bagore Ki Haveli in Udaipur is a place to know the royal lifestyle of kings & queens. You can look at pan boxes, hookahs, rose water sprinklers, Mewar paintings, nutcrackers, jewellery boxes, & dice games that will remind you of the glorious era of kings.
- Timings: 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM & 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Things To Do: Sightseeing, exploring the erstwhile items of kings & attending Dharohar Dance Show.
- Distance From Udaipur City: 4 km
Visiting a cremation ground is something that no one visits for exploration. People visit here to give tribute to those who have left the mortal coil. But there is a royal cremation ground named Ahar in Udaipur, which looks resplendent as it is decked with manicured floral plantations. Here, you will find the 372 cenotaphs of Mewar kings & queens. But among all, the major attraction is the cenotaph of Maharana Sangram Singh.
- Timings: 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM (closed on Fridays & Government holidays)
- Things To Do: Watching the cenotaphs of Mewar kings & queens, especially of Maharana Sangram Singh.
- Distance From Udaipur City: 618.7 km
Ambrai Ghat is an ideal place to go behind the lens & indulge in photo shooting of beautiful sights nearby. It is also the best place for couples to enjoy romantic moments together. The right time to visit this place is during the evening time so that you can capture the lovely sunset view. Check out the best resort in Udaipur to confirm your staycation.
- Timings: 5:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Things To Do: Photography, & watching the sunset view
- Distance From Udaipur City: 4.9 km
Perched on the hilltop, Monsoon Palace is worth a visit in Udaipur to admire its spectacular architectural structure & capture the lovely sunset view. If you look at the distance, the palace seems like the castle in fairy tales. To experience some fun here, Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary is the best nearby picnic spot for your little ones.
- Timings: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Things To Do: Watching the beautiful sunset view, photography, & picnicking
- Distance From Udaipur City: 7.9 km
Shilpgram, as the name implies, is a craftsman village located a few distance from the main city. If you have an interest in knowing about the distinctive Indian traditions, & culture, then do add Shilpgram to your Udaipur itinerary list. This government-owned complex displays the rural lifestyle of people in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Goa, & Maharashtra. As a token of your visit, you can shop for traditional items, & enjoy other exciting things.
- Timings: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Things To Do: Knowing about the different cultures of Indian states, shopping for handicraft items, horse ride, & camel ride.
- Distance From Udaipur City: 8.3 km
Vintage & Classic Car Museum
Vintage & Classic Car Museum in Udaipur truly lives up to the famous phrase ‘Old is Gold’. We are saying this because the museum stocks old vintage cars ranging from a seven-seater 1938 Cadillac car, 1934 Rolls-Royce Phantom, Octopussy, & other cars. If you are a car lover, you will surely not miss visiting this fantastic automobile museum.
- Timings: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Things To Do: Exploring the old vintage cars
- Distance From Udaipur City: 3.2 km
Eklingji Temple is a famous temple in Udaipur dedicated to Lord Shiva, built by Bappa Rawal in 734 A.D. Besides praying to the deity, devotees also admire the spectacular architecture of the temple. At the entrance, you will spot a silver image of Nandi, the mount on which Shiva rides. The temple houses a four-faced black marble statue of the god & a Shivling garlanded by silver snakes. If you are a true Mahadev devotee, visit Eklingji Temple, & get blessings of Shiva for your well-being.
- Timings: 4:30 AM to 7:00 AM, 10:30 AM to 1:30 AM, & 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Things To Do: Praying to Lord Shiva
- Distance From Udaipur City: 20.8 km
Neemach Mata Temple
Neemach Mata Temple is another popular spot to explore in Udaipur. This holy shrine is dedicated to Mata Neemach, who is known to be the clan goddess of Maharanas. It is located on the tranquil banks of the Fateh Sagar Lake & attracts devotees to take the blessings of the goddess. To visit here, you should book your stay by scrolling for the best hotels in Udaipur.
- Timings: 6.00 AM – 8.00 PM
- Things To Do: Worshipping Neemach Mata
- Distance From Udaipur City: 6.3 km
These are the top travel destinations in Udaipur that you can refer to visit during your weekend vacation. The places mentioned in the blog are unique in their features. Visiting all these places in the City of Lakes will fill your journey with excitement. For your staycation, there are many hotels to stay in Udaipur. But why look for options when jüSTa Hotels & Resorts offers visitors a comfy staycation at its 3 major luxury resorts in this famous lake city? These are jüSTa Sajjangarh Resort & Spa, jüSTa Rajputana Resort & Convention Centre, & jüSTa Ssatva Resort. With exceptional hospitality services, these luxury resorts leave no stone unturned in providing world-class amenities for their guests.