Monsoon is a refreshing season when nature blooms & best time of the year when people don’t leave any opportunity to plan a weekend escape to beautiful places in India. One example we would like to draw your attention to is Sajjangarh Palace, the monsoon wonder in Udaipur. Its other name is Monsoon Palace.
If you have never been to this majestic wonder in the City of Lakes, we should brief you about it in this blog. Located on the elevated height of Bansdara Peak of the Aravalli Hills, this magnificent hilltop residence is a popular tourist place where you can enjoy the panoramic view of Udaipur’s lakes, palaces, & other surrounding attractions.
Being one of the top historical places to visit in Udaipur, the history of this stunning white marble palace traces back to the 19th century by Maharana Sajjan Singh from the Mewar dynasty. Initially, the main motive behind its construction was establishing it as an astronomical centre, per the Udaipur king’s keen interest in science & discovery. It also served as a monsoon retreat for royal lineage.
Sajjangarh Palace: How monsoon wonder in Udaipur got its name
There is an interesting fact behind how Sajjangarh Palace got its name. It was named Monsoon Palace because of its location, where tourists can have a fantastic view of the sprawling Aravalli Range & onset of monsoon clouds. From here, you can also have a vast view of Udaipur city. On the arrival of monsoon clouds, this monsoon palace turns into an elegant opulent palace when covered with mist & welcoming rains.
What makes Sajjangarh Palace or Monsoon Palace a popular tourist attraction in Udaipur?
Sajjangarh Palace is one of the top tourist places to explore for a fascinating journey. There are 3 major reasons that make this monsoon wonder worth exploring.
- Flourishing greenery: The one primary reason this palace is a majestic wonder in Udaipur is the monsoon season that enhances the natural beauty of landscapes, giving a shiny touch to lush greenery. The transformation of valleys & forests into a lively, fertile spot draped in an enchanting ambience is also worth noticing.
- Spectacular sunset view: The next major reason that makes Sajjangarh Palace a beautiful tourist spot is the breathtaking view of sunset. When the sun sets behind the hills, the sky is covered with majestic colour hues enhancing the charm of the palace as well as the entire city.
- Misty covering: When the clouds hover over the sky, the palace’s architecture gets covered with an ethereal blanket of mist, creating a dreamy visual treat. Experiencing a walkover to its misty-covered terraces & corridors will make you feel like you are entering a different world.
How to reach the Sajjangarh Palace, the monsoon palace in Udaipur
The Sajjangarh Monsoon Palace is not only famous in Udaipur but is also well-known in the West. The palace also became a shooting location for a 1983 James Bond movie. Also, many popular videos have been shot here. It is open all day from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The entry fee to visit this place is Rs 110 for Indians. Whereas, for foreigners, it is Rs 300. Now, if you are planning a trip to Udaipur, you must know how to reach the Venice of the East to discover the mystic beauty of Sajjangarh Palace.
- By Air: The nearest airport to reach Sajjangarh Palace in Udaipur is Maharana Pratap Airport. It is well-connected with major cities, including Delhi, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Jodhpur, & Kolkata.
- By Train: Udaipur City Railway Station is the nearest railway station to reach Monsoon Palace in Udaipur from Delhi, Jodhpur, Mumbai, Kolkata, & Jaipur.
- By Road: A road trip to Udaipur from Delhi will indeed be a long journey by preferring NH 48 & NH 58 routes. Stay active for live traffic updates during your trip.
Staycation at opulent resorts near Sajjangarh Palace in Udaipur
If you want to visit Sajjangarh Palace in Udaipur, then you need to plan your staycation at one of the best resorts here. There are many options to consider for your stay, but let’s ease your browsing effort by suggesting the top resort in this City of Lakes. It is:
jüSTa Sajjangarh Resort & Spa, Udaipur
jüSTa Sajjangarh Resort & Spa is one of the top luxury resorts in Udaipur near Monsoon Palace at just 200 m. Nestled in the City of Lakes, against the backdrops of Aravalli Hills, this opulent resort is appealing in representing the beauty of Rajasthan, & giving a glimpse of the culture, history, & art of monsoon wonder in Udaipur. Its 63 beautifully designed rooms ensure a comfortable stay for its visitors. You can expect all kinds of world-class amenities here.
The resort also makes a perfect retreat with its other leisure facilities, including an outdoor swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam, & jacuzzi. If you expect a destination wedding in Udaipur, jüSTa Sajjangarh Resort & Spa is an ideal venue to plan your dream wedding in royal Rajput style. It has a sprawling Prithvi Hall at 2,913 sq. ft. with four seating style arrangements. It has a Board Room with 322 sq. ft & Amber Lawn at 22000 sq. ft.
The resort lets you experience culinary treats at Sabor, one of the top dining restaurants in Udaipur. It comprises a variety of cuisines, including Indian, Chinese, & Continental. With its warm & inviting ambience, the restaurant lays comfortable seating arrangements for its guests. The open kitchen here lets you watch your food getting prepared with fresh & locally sourced ingredients.
The menu at Sabor serves both vegetarian & non-vegetarian lovers. The breakfast buffet at Muffins here includes hot dishes such as eggs, pancakes, parathas, & dosas. You can pick your favourite dessert from its extensive list to complement your food with some sweet treats. The rooftop bar, named Air Bar, with a range of alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages. From here, you can experience the panoramic view of the Sajjangarh Palace with your drink.
During your trip, Sajjangarh Palace, the monsoon wonder in Udaipur, is exciting. When coming here, you won’t stop admiring the architecture of this white marble structure that glitters during the sunset with colourful hues appearing like a fairytale dreamland. Today in this blog, we will brief you about what makes Sajjangarh Palace a popular tourist attraction, & how to reach it. To explore it further, visit the City of Lakes, & witness yourself.