Exploring the wilderness in Jim Corbett is compelling – animals consider it as their habitat, birds flock in peace, locals admire its lush greenery, & tourists find solace in its lap of natural beauty. If you are planning a short weekend getaway with your family, there are many things to do in Jim Corbett. There are also famous tourist spots to visit near Jim Corbett. But before we move on to our checklist of the places, let us brief you on some facts about the national park.
During British rule, Jim Corbett was first established as Hailey National Park in 1936. Later, in 1956, a decade after India’s Independence, it was renamed Jim Corbett National Park after hunter-turned-naturalist Jim Corbett. The wildlife park became the first to be included in the Project Tiger initiative.
If you want to explore tourist attractions in Jim Corbett, let us tell you it is famous for being a habitat for Bengal tigers, & other animal species like Sambar, Asian elephants, Himalayan black bears, sloths, spotted deer, & many more. Besides these, you will also notice the flocking of various species of birds, including crested serpent eagle, red junglefowl, & many other birds. Now, let us bring you the list of places near Jim Corbett.
Top 10 Tourist Spots to Visit Near Jim Corbett
If you are planning an extended weekend, Lansdowne is one of the best travel spots in Uttarakhand. This tranquil town holds tourists’ attention with its colonial charm, flowering thickets, unique churches, springs, & ponds. It is a great place to enjoy a romantic night with your partner with a bonfire & barbeque. It is a must-see place to visit near Jim Corbett.
- Tourist Attractions: Bhulla Lake, Tip N Top, Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple, Bhim Pakora, St. Mary’s Church, Santoshi Mata Temple, Bhalugarh Waterfall, Durga Devi Temple, & St. John’s Church.
- Things to Do: Boating, nature walks, praying at temples, bird watching, & camping.
- Distance from Jim Corbett: 35 km
Bhowali is famously called Orchard County, as you can expect a plantation of fruits, including strawberries, plums, peaches, apricots, & apples. The place has reason to boast its fine quality of fruits, as they are exported to other places. If you wish to taste its fine-quality fruits, we highly recommend you visit Bhowali with your family.
- Tourist Attractions: Golu Devta Mandir, Kainchi Dham – Neem Karoli Baba Ashram, G B Pant High Altitude Zoo, Naina Peak West, Ramgarh, Maa Naina Devi Temple, & Hanuman Garhi Mandir.
- Things to Do: Visiting fruit orchards, nature walks, snow viewing, & boating.
- Distance from Jim Corbett: 80 km
Located high on the hills, Nainidand is a place that is gifted with scenic natural charm & is worth a place to visit for adventurers. The place is circled with a pristine ambience, which makes you feel a fresh breeze & peace in its lush green environment. Be prepared with your woollens as it gets chilly in the evening.
- Tourist Attractions: Stunning views of Himalayas, Nanda Devi, Panchachuli peaks, & Bigul.
- Things to Do: Sightseeing, nature walks, & picnicking
- Distance from Jim Corbett: 39.6 km
Haldwani is also one of the tourist spots to visit near Jim Corbett. It is famously called Gateway of Kumaon, & is the third most populous commercial city in Uttarakhand. It derived its name from a tree called Haldu or Haldina Cordifolia that once existed in abundance here. As Uttarakhand’s financial capital, many economic, commercial, & industrial activities take place here.
- Tourist Attractions: Gaula Dam, Hanuman Garhi Temple, Naukuchiatal, Shitla Devi Temple, Walkway Mall, Sanjay Van, Hidimba Parvat, & Kainchi Dham.
- Things to Do: Trekking, nature walks, sightseeing, picnicking, & visiting holy shrines.
- Distance from Jim Corbett: 52 km
Rishikesh is famous for being called the Adventure Capital of India as it welcomes adventure seekers to explore river rafting & bungee jumping here. The place is also stocked with many holy spots to experience mental peace. Book your staycation at the best luxury resort in Rishikesh to explore everything here.
- Tourist Attractions: Ram Jhula, Laxman Jhula, Triveni Ghat, The Beatles Ashram, Lakshman Temple, & Neelkanth Mahadev Temple.
- Things to Do: Enjoying adventure sports like river rafting & bungee jumping, visiting holy shrines, practising meditation, sightseeing, & watching the beautiful sight of Patna waterfalls.
- Distance from Jim Corbett: 153.9 km
Whenever it comes to spending a joyous weekend, Nainital is undoubtedly the apparent choice that comes to mind. After all, this beautiful hilly town in Uttarakhand has many scenic sights, including rolling clouds, soaring peaks, amazing lakes, & much more. Since it is popularly known as the Lake District, you can enjoy an excellent boating experience with your loved ones.
- Tourist Attractions: Nainital Lake, Naina Devi Temple, Naina Peak, High Altitude Zoo, Eco Cave Gardens, Snow View Point, Tiffin Top, & Khurpa Taal.
- Things to Do: Ropeway ride, rock climbing, visiting temples, viewing the sunrise from Tiffin Top, & boating at Naini Lake.
- Distance from Jim Corbett: 62.8 km
With just 20 km from the distance to Nainital, Bhimtal is one such tourist attraction for its lake & dam built on it. The small portion of the lake comprises an aquarium, another attraction for tourists here. With an hour’s drive from Nainital, the place is relatively quiet with tourists. Hence, it is a peaceful retreat spot to explore near Jim Corbett.
- Tourist Attractions: Bhimtal Lake, Aquarium Island Cafe by The Lake Hill, Butterfly Research Centre, Bhimeshwar Hindu Temple, Chocohouse Chocolatiers, & Golu Devta Temple.
- Things to Do: Boating, fishing, hiking, trekking, picnicking, stargazing, & camping.
- Distance from Jim Corbett: 79.3 km
If you are searching for places near Jim Corbett, then Ranikhet is one of the top travel destinations for honeymoon couples, & family vacationers. The place is famous for its 9-hole hill golf course. Hence, you can test your targeting skills by hitting the balls to the holes here. In contrast to the energetic city area, the military place here is very peaceful.
- Tourist Attractions: Jhula Devi Temple, Mankameshwar Temple, Kumaon Regimental Center, Rani Jheel, Golf Ground, & Ashiyana Park.
- Things to Do: Praying at Jhula Devi Temple, picnicking at Ashiyana Park, soaking in peace at Bhalu Dam, & playing golf.
- Distance from Jim Corbett: 77.5 km
Kathgodam is one of the prominent travel destinations near Jim Corbett that stocks nearby holy shrines, including Sheetla Devi, Kalichaud, Haidakhan Ashram, & Neem Karoli Baba Ashram. Every year, the place witnesses a large number of devotees visiting these temples on usual days as well as during festivals. When visiting Kathgodam, you should explore the beautiful dam built on the Gaula River.
- Tourist Attractions: Maa Naina Devi Temple, Kainchi Dham – Neem Karoli Baba Ashram, Sattal Lake, Tibetan & Bhotia Market.
- Things to Do: Sightseeing, visiting holy shrines, & strolling Tibetan & Bhotia Market.
- Distance from Jim Corbett: 58.2 km
Mukteshwar derives its name from the famous Mukteshwar Shiva temple, which is known to be 350 years old. This destination lies 2,285 above sea level in the Nainital District of Uttarakhand state. The temple stands at the top of the mountain, giving a breathtaking view of the striking Himalayan range. There are other top attractions to explore here.
- Tourist Attractions: Mukteshwar Mahadev Temple, Chauli Ki Jali, Bhalugarh Waterfall, Dhokaney Waterfall, & Jain Mandir.
- Things to Do: Visiting the famous Mukteshwar Mahadev Temple, sightseeing, watching the spectacular waterfall, & praying at Jain Mandir.
- Distance from Jim Corbett: 113.4 km
Experience a Perfect Family Weekend at the Best Resort in Jim Corbett
jüSTa Lazy Haven Corbett is one of the top choices in the list of luxury hotels & resorts in Jim Corbett. It brings a perfect blend of natural beauty & luxury when staying at this resort. Located at Ramnagar, this luxury resort is surrounded by lush greenery, giving you a golden chance to soak into its natural beauty.
Room facilities: Talking about facilities here, all the rooms here are perfectly designed with all the modern amenities a guest would expect. Regardless of what room you opt for, be it superior or deluxe, you are at an advantage in getting the in-house services, enjoy the shower at its attached private bathroom, & enjoy the natural view by having a hot cup of coffee at your private balcony.
Dining: There are many restaurants in Jim Corbett to sit for meals. Well, you need not have to go for options when there is a multi-cuisine restaurant in this resort to tantalise your taste buds with delicious foods prepared with fresh ingredients. Be it your breakfast or late-night dinner session, you will have a wonderful dining experience savouring the sweet & salty beverages amidst the lush forests. You can choose your option among the premium selection of feasts.
Other Amenities: Besides experiencing all the room facilities, you can also visit to have a healing session at its spa, & enjoy dipping in water at its outdoor swimming pool. jüSTa Lazy Haven Corbett is at its best when arranging a special event, be it weddings, birthdays, or even hosting a corporate meeting.
This ends our list of those popular tourist spots to visit near Jim Corbett. Today, in this blog, we have presented a brief travel guide with a checklist of places that are worth visiting to plan your weekend getaway. Whether you wish to travel as a solo adventurer or with family, in either way, you are going to weave lasting memories during your visit to any of these wonderful travel destinations. The best time to visit Jim Corbett is from December to March.