Many cities in Maharashtra make a perfect choice for spending weekends. These include Mumbai, Pune, Mahabaleshwar, Nashik, Lonavala, & many more. But only a few people have noticed Kolad. Well, this place in Maharashtra stockpiles many unique attractions; still, it has remained an underrated hidden gem. But now it is not so. This small hamlet in the Raigad district of Maharashtra has been gaining tourist attention with white river rafting, a popular water sport here. In fact, you can even plan a destination wedding in Kolad.
Nowadays, destination weddings have become very popular among young couples who want to celebrate their intimate affair in some unique, exotic location. Now, there are many popular choices of those places where your wedding can become memorable. But sometimes, it is better to switch to uncommon places. And Kolad is one better example. With gaining tourism, it is undoubtedly a great place to tie the nuptial knot amidst stunning backdrops. But there are a lot of things to consider when planning for it.
Things to keep in mind when planning for destination wedding in Kolad
There are many places to visit in Kolad for your weekend vacation, but when it comes to planning a destination wedding, then below are the points you need to consider.
- Choosing the best venue & location for wedding
When planning your wedding to some distant place from your hometown, what seems essential is deciding the location. And once it is sorted, you must also search for the best resorts in Kolad for weddings. Ensure that the venue you choose is equipped with all the essentials to make your lifetime function a big success & memorable.
- Check the weather condition
A significant factor you should take into account is knowing the weather. The best time to visit Kolad for your destination wedding plan is from June to September as the climate during this time is favourable with monsoon. This is when the natural beauty of this small hamlet in Maharashtra is worth noticing.
- Book your wedding date in advance
You must book your wedding date at least 4 to 5 months before your final wedding. This seems helpful for your guests & relatives to prepare accordingly for making travel arrangements. Their convenience matters a lot as they will become part of your happiness.
Kolad is considered to be the best place for weekend getaways near Mumbai. Hence, if you live in Mumbai, it won’t be a problem for your guests to navigate your wedding venue easily. When deciding a wedding location, it should be ensured that it is convenient for your guests.
- Hiring an experienced wedding planner
Preparations for a destination wedding in Kolad can be a daunting task. If it is becoming inconvenient to keep an eye on every meticulous detail, hiring an experienced wedding planner who can ease your stress by guiding you with necessary alterations is better. Moreover, he will help you reduce your work.
- Visit to wedding venue twice or thrice
When you have finally zeroed in on any of the luxury wedding resorts in Kolad for your dream wedding, it is suggested to visit twice or thrice a week. This is very important as you will know about the facilities provided in banquet halls, areas, & lawns. Don’t forget to accompany the wedding planner, who will monitor every minute detail.
- Making guest list
It is only possible to imagine a wedding by inviting guests. But make sure it goes well with your budget. Destination weddings may seem costly compared to weddings in one’s home town. There is no point in including people whom you are not familiar with or who are known to you. Then why bother yourself stuffing unnecessary entries? Make it simple with close relatives & friends.
- Wind up your wedding event with multiple functions
You can wind up your wedding event with multiple functions on the same day. This will only help you in reducing the expenditure levied for it. Don’t let it get extended for more days when you can make it short. This works better as you will be relieved from your hardcore preparations, & can plan for your honeymoon sooner after that.
- Prefer local vendors
If you choose to hire vendors from your hometown, you have to make arrangements for their stay and pay for their travel expenses. Now it seems a wise move for you, especially when planning your special event to some distant travel destination. Why not prefer local vendors of that place that can prove helpful in saving your unnecessary expenses. With the help of your wedding planner, you can find the best local vendors in Kolad that will tantalise your guests’ taste buds with local yet famous Maharashtrian delicacies.
- Choosing wedding outfits to your comfort
You should figure out your wedding outfits that bring comfort to your body. Moreover, it is also important to choose clothing that goes well with the climatic conditions of the selected location. For example, choose Kolad as your destination wedding. You should be familiar with its weather conditions, & wear it so that it does not make you uncomfortable throughout your wedding function.
Best resort to choose for your lifetime event in Kolad
If you have been searching for luxury wedding resorts in Kolad, look no further than jüSTa Rudra Resort & Spa. This resort has all kinds of luxury amenities to comfort its guests. When planning a wedding event, it strives to make your lifetime event memorable with its flawless hospitality services.
- Rooms & other luxury facilities: It features 58 well-furnished spacious rooms with different categories acquainted with world-class amenities. The other luxuries include an outdoor swimming pool, HR Wellness Spa, gymnasium, & multi-purpose court to indulge in multiple sports activities. Whether you are here for a weekend vacation or planning a special event, jüSTa Rudra Resort & Spa is at its best regarding luxurious accommodations.
- Banquet Halls: Other features that make it an ideal staycation for your destination wedding in Kolad are 2 banquet halls in RAIGADH & SURGAD covering a vast area. Where the former is spread at 2683 sq. ft, the latter is 1100 sq. ft. Both these banquet halls can accommodate maximum guests with different seating arrangements. The resort also has a tennis court lawn of 5,650 sq. ft & a pool lawn of 2,900 sq. ft.
- Dining: Now for having a relishing culinary experience, the resort welcomes its guests at its in-house multi-cuisine restaurant, Konkan Café & Bar. The restaurant provides a range of delicious cuisines, predominantly with Maharashtrian delicacies. The inn also has a BAR to entertain the guests with exciting cricket & football matches while having mouth-watering snacks & chilled beverages. With refreshing drinks & heavenly cuisines, your stay at jüSTa Rudra Resort & Spa will be a worthwhile stay to remember.
After getting a whole overview of factors to consider for your destination wedding in Kolad, now it should not bother you to make preparations for your lifetime special event in this small hamlet of Maharashtra, which is a reservoir of several noteworthy attractions, including Kundalika River, Bhira Dam, Ghosala Fort, Devkund Waterfall, & Murud Beach to name a few. Today, in this blog, we have also helped you suggest the best wedding venue in Kolad. Equipped with all rich facilities, this resort is a worthwhile staycation & platform to make your wedding memorable.