The famous Dharamshala Cricket Stadium is among the top attractions to visit near Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh. Governed by Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA), this cricket stadium is an ideal retreat for all cricket buffs who can come here to watch the live telecast of cricket matches. This pleasing cricket venue is nestled at the elevated height of 1,457m above sea level with lovely backdrops of Himalayan mountains.
If you wish to be a spectator at this stadium, you can board a flight to Kangra Airport to reach Dharamshala, from where the distance of the stadium is just 8 km. During the winters, the weather here turns very harsh with the possibility of rain & snowfall. However, this place is ideal for cricket fanatics and nature lovers who will be enthralled to see the lovely vistas encircling the stadium.
Quick Facts about the Dharamshala Cricket Stadium
- Known as: Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium
- Founded in: 2003
- Name of Association: Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association
- Capacity: 23,000
- Home Team: Himachal Pradesh Cricket Team
- Ends: College End & River End
- Location: https://goo.gl/maps/bzoHRHzAdfA4AeUd9
Brief History of Dharamshala Cricket Stadium
After briefing you the quick facts about the HPCA Stadium, it’s time to know its history.
- Dav Whatmore, the former Director of the National Cricket Academy, was the one who initiated the idea of setting up this stadium in Dharamshala.
- According to him, HPCA Stadium was a perfect playing ground for hosting cricket matches at the international level.
- In 2005, The first warm-up cricket match took place between India & Pakistan.
- In 2013, the first ODI match was played between India & England on 27 January.
- Before that, HPCA Stadium was a significant domestic cricket tournament ground for IPL & Ranji Trophy matches.
- In 2015, the Asian Cricket Council had structured its Centre of Excellence.
- Australian player Steve Smith became the first & only player who scored a century in the test match played in the HPCA Stadium.
- The two players from the Indian cricket team who scored a century in HPCA Stadium in an international match were Virat Kohli & Rohit Sharma.
- Besides Steve Smith, Nathan Lyon was another Australian cricket player who took five wickets in an innings in the cricket match played in the HPCA Stadium.
Scheduled World Cup Matches In Dharamshala 2023
- Bangladesh vs Afghanistan | Saturday 07 October, 10:30 AM
- England vs Bangladesh | Tuesday 10 October, 10:30 AM
- South Africa vs Netherlands | Tuesday, 17 October, 02:00 PM
- India vs New Zealand | Sunday 22 October, 02:00 PM
- Australia vs New Zealand | Saturday, 28 October, 10:30 AM
Hurry up! Book your tickets at: https://tickets.cricketworldcup.com
Hotel Near Dharamshala Cricket Stadium
jüSTa Birding Resort & Spa is one of the best hotels near Dharamshala Cricket Stadium. This luxury 5-star resort is located at the top of the majestic hill, from where you can view the broader view of clear sky & lush greenery all over. But what seems more thrilling is watching the bird’s eye view of the whole city.
This resort is the best staycation for guests as it provides many facilities for its guests. Among 22 total rooms, it comprises a Superior Room with a Private Balcony, a Premium Room with a Private Balcony, a Junior Suite with a Private Balcony, a Family Duplex, and the Monal Suite. You will be delighted to watch the flocking of rare migratory birds in the sky from every room at jüSTa Birding Resort & Spa. Another exciting experience is seeing the adventure seekers paragliding from the base near the resort.
- Book Hotel: jüSTa Birding Resort & Spa
- Hotel Contact: +91-9816-343-255, +91-9816-377-709
- For Reservation: +91-9590-777-000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Indrunag Near Paragliding Point Tahu, Chohla, Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh 176215
- Map Location: https://maps.app.goo.gl/SR96keq9GxJqd2Bb7
Dining Restaurant Near Dharamshala Cricket Stadium
You can experience a tremendous relishing dining experience at Sabor, the best All-Day Dining Restaurant at jüSTa Birding near Dharamshala Cricket Stadium. It is a great retreat to quench your taste buds with delicious cuisine. Located at the centre of the beautiful bird sanctuary, Sabor is designed to keep bird lovers in mind with its peaceful atmosphere. It is featured with large windows & outdoor seating areas providing spectacular views of adjoining wildlife. People can enjoy their meals while looking at the variety of native birds flapping their wings in their natural habitat, which gives you a reminiscing dining experience at this best restaurant near Dharamshala Cricket Stadium.
Attractions Near Dharamshala Cricket Stadium
Some of the top attractions you need to explore near Dharamshala Cricket Stadium include
- Kangra Fort
- Norbulingka Institute
- Church of St. John in the wilderness
- Kalachakra Temple
- Library of Tibetan Works & Archives
- Bhagsunag Waterfall
- Tsuglagkhang Complex Dalai Lama Temple
- Tushita Meditation Centre
- Himalayan Art Museum
- Namgyal Monastery
- Masroor Rock-Cut Temple
- Nechung Monastery
- Dharamkot Studio
Activities To Explore Near Dharamshala Cricket Stadium
Besides becoming a spectator in the crowd in the awe of watching the upcoming cricket matches in 2023, let us brief you on other significant activities you can explore near Dharamshala Cricket Stadium.
- Visiting Dharamshala War Memorial to commemorate the Bravehearts
- Experiencing peace at the Church of St. John
- Visiting monasteries & temples
- Explore art at the Himalayan Art Museum.
- Practise meditation at Tushita Meditation Centre.
How To Get At Dharamshala Cricket Stadium
- By Road: To reach Dharamshala Cricket Stadium from Delhi, you can take a roadway route from NH44 & NH503.
- By Train: Pathankot Railway Station
- By Air: Kangra Airport in Gaggal
For every cricket fan, Dharamshala Cricket Stadium or HPCA Stadium is an ideal destination to explore. Today, in this blog, we briefed you all about the facts & history of this cricket stadium, which every cricket buff must get familiar with. HPCA Stadium is a famous cricket stadium in Dharamshala where people gather to see the international cricket matches. So pack your bags & fulfil your desire to watch the upcoming games that will be held in October.