Winter season is approaching slowly, and numerous travelling souls like you cannot wait further to hit the mountains in India. Specifically, the snow-clad hills of the mighty Himachal Pradesh call for travellers from all across the globe. You must be having a long pending travel plan to explore the beauty of Himachal Pradesh and plan for a Dharamshala trip as a solo traveller or in the company of near and dear ones around. In that case, you must be ready with your preparation well in advance. It is mainly in terms of finding the best hotel & resort in Dharamshala near Mcleodganj for early booking.
A Complete Travel Guide for Dharamshala Trip
Most importantly, prepare your packing checklist before making a booking at the best 5-star hotel near Mcleodganj or any area around.
To help you carry the right and essential things on your Mcleodganj travel experience, we have created this 15 must-pack things list.
1. Rucksack: First and foremost thing that you cannot fulfill your Mcleodganj travel experience is a spacious and lightweight rucksack. The best way to explore the inside regions of Dharamshala and Mcleodganj above is by walking across different pathways. And no way you can carry that heavy-loaded luggage case everywhere. The best resort you have is carrying a shoulder-hanging rucksack that must have several compartments, pockets, and zippers inside. It must be your one complete walking luggage, no matter wherever you proceed on the hill station.
2. Walking shoes: Experiencing unforgettable travel on this hill station is incomplete without waiting for lightweight and comfortable shoes. Unlike normal footwear, you need a sports shoe that is light, bumpy, and cushioned inside to cross difficult pathways with ease.
3. Extra pair of socks: The unpredictable weather of Dharamshala and Mcleodganj can make your feet freeze in cold conditions. Thus, you need an extra pair of socks inside the rucksack to keep your feet always covered up and heated from inside.
4. Rain jacket: In relation to the above point of unexpected weather at this hill station, you might experience little too heavy showers of rain at any point in time. Therefore, carrying a rain jacket or even a poncho is a must for you, and avoid getting wet outside.
5. Fleece jacket: A thin-lined and high-quality fleece jacket is your best partner while walking across the glittering streets of Mcleodganj with ease. A little bit of cold weather conditions can make you feel chilled from inside. And wearing a good choice of fleece certainly makes you warm inside.
6. Gloves: Do carry at least one pair of woolen gloves while heading outside in the chilly weather condition of this hill station. Keeping your hands warm is essential to make the most out of the external roaming experience with ease.
7. Extra sets of t-shirts: You must pack extra sets of half sleeves and full-sleeved t-shirts in your luggage. It could be used for night sleeping comfortably at your accommodation in Dharamshala or even during walking in the afternoon sunlight.
8. Thermals: If you are planning to reach the snow-clad mountains on the top of the Triund trek in Mcleodganj, then it is imperative to carry or wear your thermals. It is necessary to beat the fresh snowfall and minus temperature on top of the mountain.
9. Woolen cap: Keeping your head and ear warm is essential to bear the cold weather currents flowing in every direction of the hill station. Depending on the requirement, you can carry simple-looking or fancy-looking woolen headwear.
10. Flip flops: Spending incredible days in this magnificent hill station is incomplete without feeling comfortable all day long. Wearing flip-flops during the daytime while going for outside lunch or brunch will make your walk all the more simple.
11. Hiking shoes: If you are planning for a trekking adventure in Dharamshala, then having hiking shoes is a bare minimal requirement. Wearing good quality and ankle-length high shoes for hiking is essential to stay protected against bruises or feets hitting stones on the way.
12. Hiking stick: Another thing that you must carry while hiking or trekking upwards is your hiking stick. It keeps you balanced on difficult pathways and even allows you to cover more distance.
13. Power bank: Stay connected with your near ones back at home and other people around by having your smartphone always charged. Do carry a fully charged power bank with you to stay charged up.
14. Hot water bottle: Carrying a metal bottle during the cold weather season is essential to keep drinking hot water and staying warm from the inside. It is your best hydrating partner while covering distance or even staying outside for a long.
15. ID card: Lastly, your identification card or any personal proof is a must to carry inside the luggage. Especially after the pandemic, it is imperative to carry your ID card with you always.
Fulfill your travel plans towards the little Buddhist tribe which is Mcleodganj near Dharamshala. Prepare your travel in the best manner by carrying the most essential things with you and staying comfortably. Moreover, choose to have accommodation at any of the top resorts in Dharamshala to experience celebrity-like staying pleasure.