Monsoon is on its peak and so is the urge to travel. While travelling to mountains during the monsoon can be a daunting task, sticking to the plain should be an ideal decision for both relaxation and fun in monsoon.
When we talk about monsoon, Rajasthan, the land of kings is one the best destinations to visit in the monsoon to soak in the natural charisma of this cultural fiesta. While the rest of India embraces the rains, Rajasthan emerges from its scorching summer to bloom with lush greenery and lively weather.
This is the ideal time to explore the rich history, picturesque lakes, and majestic forts of the Rajasthan From the city of lakes, Udaipur to Jaipur and Alwar, the cities in Rajasthan brims with beauty and charm during monsoon.
Today, we will take you on a journey through the best places to visit in Rajasthan during the monsoon and the finest hotels to stay, ensuring an unforgettable experience amidst the rain-soaked and fun monsoon trip to Rajasthan.
Places To Visit In Rajasthan During Monsoon
Now that you have contemplated enough and decided to plan a trip to Rajasthan this monsoon season, let us help you with the best places places to visit in Rajasthan during monsoon:
Udaipur – The Romantic City of Lakes
There is no way one can miss Udaipur during the monsoon season. The “City of Lakes” is often called the most gorgeous during the monsoon season. The city’s artificial lakes, including Lake Pichola and Fateh Sagar Lake, brim with water, reflecting the magnificence of the palaces and havelis surrounding them.
From the stunning Monsoon Palace to the picturesque views of Fateh Sagar Lake and the rain shower-washed blue skies, Udaipur during the monsoon is nothing short of a fairy tale.
Things to do in Udaipur during the monsoon:
- Go on a boat ride at Lake Pichola to witness the grandeur of palaces and havelis surrounded by lush greenery.
- Explore the City Palace complex, including the Crystal Gallery and the vintage car museum.
- Visit Saheliyon ki Bari, known as the Garden of Maidens, to enjoy the serene fountains and beautiful lotus ponds.
- Attend a traditional dance performance or cultural show in one of the city’s heritage hotels to experience the rich Rajasthani culture.
Jaipur – The Pink City
Jaipur, the capital city of Rajasthan, shines even brighter during the monsoon season. The pink facades of its historic buildings seem more vibrant, and the surrounding hills get a fresh lease of life.
Experience a touch of serenity in the iconic forts and witness the architectural brilliance while enjoying the scenic views. From lush gardens to vibrant bazaars, indulge in some monsoon fun in the blooming pink city.
Things to do in Jaipur during the monsoon:
- Explore the magnificent Amer Fort and enjoy an elephant ride up the hill for a regal experience.
- Visit the Hawa Mahal, also known as the Palace of Winds, and capture beautiful pictures of its intricately designed facade.
- Take a heritage walk through the old city to discover hidden gems and experience the local way of life.
- Indulge in the delectable Rajasthani cuisine at some famous restaurants, including dal baati churma, ghevar, and pyaaz kachori.
Jodhpur – The Blue City
Jodhpur, famous for its blue-painted houses and mighty Mehrangarh Fort, is a captivating destination during the monsoon season. The fort, perched atop a hill, offers awe-inspiring views of the city draped in greenery.
Explore the ancient alleys of the Blue City and witness the grandeur of beautiful palaces around. Visit the lush gardens where the rain enhances the beauty of its lush lawns, or simply indulge in the foodgasm on the streets of Jodhpur.
Things to do in Jodhpur during the monsoon:
- Explore the mighty Mehrangarh Fort and enjoy panoramic views of the city and surrounding landscape.
- Wander through the narrow lanes of the Blue City to witness the vibrant houses and interact with the locals.
- Visit Jaswant Thada, a stunning marble cenotaph, and enjoy the serene atmosphere and picturesque gardens.
- Experience a zip line tour near the fort for an adrenaline-filled adventure with breathtaking views.
Pushkar – The Holy Land
Pushkar is one of the most sacred cities in India and comes to a new life during the monsoon season. The famous Pushkar Lake, surrounded by ghats and temples, looks mythical as raindrops gently fall on its surface.
Its proximity to Delhi makes it a perfect destination for a weekend monsoon getaway and one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan. From evening aartis to sitting at the ghats and exploring its ever-vibrant markets and bohemian cafes, there is a lot to indulge in the city during monsoons.
Things to do in Pushkar during the monsoon:
- Take part in the evening aarti at the ghats of Pushkar Lake to witness a spiritually uplifting ceremony.
- Visit the Brahma Temple, one of the few temples dedicated to Lord Brahma, and seek blessings.
- Enjoy a camel ride through the dunes surrounding Pushkar for a memorable desert experience.
- Shop for souvenirs, clothing, and jewellery at the bustling local markets and experience the vibrant colours of Rajasthan.
Mount Abu – Hill Station of Rajasthan
Standing at an elevation of 1722 metres above sea level, embraced by lush green hills of the Aravalli range, Mount Abu offers a cool and refreshing respite from the summer heat during the monsoon. The dense green forests and scenic landscapes make it a perfect destination for nature lovers.
The place is adorned with a vibrant mix of rustic homes of tribal communities and luxe houses, including British-style bungalows and royal holiday lodges. With lovely temples, shimmering lakes and panoramic vistas, Mount Abu is no less than a wonder in this desert state.
Things to do in Mount Abu during the monsoon:
- Explore the Dilwara Jain Temples, famous for their exquisite marble carvings and intricate craftsmanship.
- Enjoy a boat ride on Nakki Lake and witness the scenic beauty surrounded by hills and greenery.
- Take a trek to Guru Shikhar, the highest point in Rajasthan, to admire the panoramic views of the Aravalli Range.
- Visit Sunset Point to witness the captivating sunset views amidst the lush landscapes.
Bundi – The Forgotten Gem
Bundi, a hidden treasure of Rajasthan, captivates travellers with its ancient charm and artistic beauty. The monsoon season adds a unique allure to the town, as its historic step wells, such as the Raniji ki Baori and Nawal Sagar, fill up with rainwater.
Surrounded by hills, you can witness rainbows and peacocks during monsoons here. With gorgeous step-wells, beautiful lakes and soaring waterfalls, Bundi is a perfect destination to visit in Rajasthan during monsoon. Bundi’s serene and less crowded ambience during the monsoon makes it a peaceful retreat.
Things to do in Bundi during the monsoon:
- Visit Taragarh Fort and enjoy a trek to the top for breathtaking views of the town and surrounding hills.
- Explore the step wells of Bundi, including Rani ji ki Baori and Nawal Sagar, and marvel at their intricate architecture.
- Wander through the colourful streets and narrow alleys to discover hidden havelis adorned with beautiful frescoes.
- Visit the Bundi Palace to admire the unique blend of Rajput and Mughal architecture.
Chittorgarh – The Citadel of Pride
Chittorgarh, the epitome of Rajput valour and sacrifice, is a fascinating destination during the monsoon season. The sprawling Chittorgarh Fort stands tall amid lush green surroundings, narrating tales of bravery and romance.
Immerse in the antique and rich history of majestic forts or explore the architectural brilliance of the ancient era for an excellent experience around.
Things to do in Chittorgarh during the monsoon:
- Explore the vast Chittorgarh Fort and visit its historic palaces, temples, and memorials.
- Attend the evening light and sound show at the fort to relive the legends of valour and sacrifice.
- Visit the nearby Bassi Wildlife Sanctuary to spot diverse flora and fauna in their natural habitat.
- Explore the local markets for traditional Rajasthani handicrafts and souvenirs.
Nathdwara – A Spiritual Haven
Nathdwara, a renowned pilgrimage town in Rajasthan, is a must-visit destination during the monsoon season. It is famous for its Shrinathji Temple, dedicated to Lord Krishna. The temple becomes even more vibrant and lively during the monsoon, attracting devotees and travellers alike.
Witness the grandeur of the deity adorned in magnificent monsoon-themed attire, and participate in the devotional aartis and bhajans that echo through the town.
Things to do in Nathdwara during the monsoon:
- Attend the morning and evening aartis at the Shrinathji Temple to experience the spiritual ambience.
- Explore the intricately designed architecture of the temple and marvel at the artistic carvings.
- Take a stroll through the local markets to shop for souvenirs and traditional Rajasthani handicrafts.
- Visit Dwarkadhish Temple and Charbhuja Temple nearby to enhance your spiritual experience.
Where To Stay During Monsoon in Rajasthan?
If you are already convinced and planning a trip to Rajasthan to enjoy the pleasant weather with your loved ones, then you must contemplate the best options on where to stay in Rajasthan during the monsoons.
And if you are seeking comfort with a subtle blend of luxury and brilliance of a magnificent destination, then jüSTa Hotels and Resorts are just-perfect for you and your loved ones to enjoy the monsoon in Rajasthan.
jüSTa and team aim to offer an unparalleled and handpicked selection of luxury hotels in the cultural land of Rajasthan. Our hotels are designed with a striking charm and character that stays with you longer.
Whether you’re looking for a homely and comfortable stay with your family in one of the state’s grand legacy hotels or a chic luxury retreat and resort, we have something to fit your every need this monsoon season.
Let’s explore each gem in Rajasthan individually to help you pick the best hotels to stay in during the monsoon.
jüSTa Sajjangarh Resort & Spa, Udaipur
Set against the scenic backdrop of the Aravali hills, jüSTa Sajjangarh Resort & Spa is our opulent 5-star property for an ideal stay in Udaipur, Rajasthan. The best thing about the resort is it’s situated close to the Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary. This makes for an excellent opportunity to connect with nature and explore the beauty of Rajasthan during the monsoons.
The property has 63 carefully designed rooms and suites to provide you with the comfort and luxury you seek. Each room has modern amenities, including air conditioning, high-speed Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and luxurious bedding for ultimate comfort.
Along with luxe accommodations, we also offer an all-day dining restaurant, spa and wellness with various treatments and a range of activities to do in and around the property to make the best of the experience in the monsoon.
jüSTa Ssatva Resort
Located on the banks of gorgeous Lake Pichola, jüSTa Ssatva Resort is our four-star luxury resort in the city of the lakes. Rooms and suites spacious enough to celebrate luxury with comfort are carefully put together with handmade raw fabrics collected by the purest traditional crafters.
We have perfectly designed 54 guest rooms & suites, offering grand and opulence space to an authentic culinary experience at the in-house restaurant and activities inside the resort to enjoy with your loved ones when it’s running a little too much outside.
jüSTa Rajputana Resort & Convention Centre
With Mewari style architecture, subtle lighting, traditional antiques and high-end luxury, jüSTa Rajputana is the luxury hotel & resort to stay in Rajasthan during monsoon. The grandness presents guests with a fairytale-like retreat for guests and their loved ones.
With its Haveli-like structure, our golden gem resort offers a scenic view of the vista of the Aravalli Hills. Just a few minutes of drive away from the beautiful Lake Pichola, jüSTa Rajputana comes with sprawling outdoor, meticulously designed rooms, in-house dining, a swimming pool, and a tranquil escape in the monsoon season of Rajasthan.
jüSTa Brij Bhoomi, Nathdwara
If you want luxury stays in the holy city of Nathdwara in Rajasthan, then jüSTa Brij Bhoomi, Nathdwara, is the perfect choice. Built close to the famous Shri Nath temple, it sits atop the hill to experience a panoramic view.
Its abundant and stylish space, with a subtle blend of traditional architecture, brings out the brilliance of conventional Rajasthani Haveli-like charm. It has 30 luxury rooms, 2 grand suites, an indoor restaurant with special Rajasthani meals, and a lovely Alfresco sitting area overlooking the hills and greenery.
Our hotel is one of its kind traditional places to stay in the spiritually charmed city of Nathdwara and enjoy the monsoon with your loved ones.
jüSTa Lake Nahargarh Palace
Are you looking for a luxurious and unique escape to the land of Maharajas to enjoy the best of the monsoon season? jüSTa Lake Nahargarh Palace, Chittorgarh, offers everything you need for a perfect staycation to enjoy with your loved ones.
Strategically set amidst the shimmering lake, surrounded by Aravalli hills and lush greenery, make it a perfect retreat and heaven on earth during monsoons.
We have perfectly designed 40 lake views rooms with high-end amenities for your comfort. The classy yet traditional interior dates back to ancient times with intricate wooden work, Jharokas and Rajasthani-style robes.
With this and much more, experience the finest Rajasthani design and style with ultimate luxury and comfort this monsoon. Book your stay at jüSTa Hotels & Resorts to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Explore our Rajasthan holiday Packages for A Blissful Monsoon
At jüSTa, we leave no stone unturned in making your stay as special as possible. Not only do we offer a stunning range of hotels, but also holiday and special monsoon packages for families, couples, groups of friends and more.
To make the best of your monsoon getaway to Rajasthan, don’t forget to explore our Rajasthan monsoon packages specially curated for a hassle-free vacation with your loved ones.
Indulge in the charismatic beauty of the land of Maharajas during the monsoon with our special Rajasthan holiday packages.
You can visit our website and book your Monsoon Package today for redefined luxury, tranquillity, and the magical charm of Rajasthan’s monsoon.
So, come and create memories that will last a lifetime as you immerse yourself in this monsoon season and the luxury of jüSTa Hotels and Resorts.