Kolad is one of the most beautiful destinations in Maharashtra. Enveloped with green lush valleys, serene water bodies and majestic waterfalls, this hamlet town is also popular among adventure seekers. The Kundalika river is a fan favourite for white river rafting. Spanning an exhilarating 12-kilometre course, the river truly comes alive with adventurous vibes, especially during the monsoon season. Now doesn’t it seem to be one of the best travel spots for weekend getaways near Pune?
Kolad is a very close-by destination, from two of the major cities in Maharashtra: Mumbai and Pune. Hence, it is a very popular destination for thrill seekers, and it is advisable to pre-book your white river rafting packages well in advance especially during the monsoon season.
Kolad river rafting is the only adventure activity that is open all year around in India. The ripples and waves in the river are abundant year-round due to the Rawlje Dam water. This adventure activity at Kolad can be categorised as moderate to difficult.
Kolad White River Rafting Itinerary
You can reach the destination by 7:45 am, that is when they start briefing you with the guidelines and preparing you for the rafting experience, and by 8:00 am you will be all set to take on the waves. It is important that you pre-register before joining the group in the morning as the slots and seats fill up fast.
Details of White River Rafting at Kundalika River
White river rafting is a famous adventure activity that has made Kolad a renowned travel destination among adventure junkies. So, if you are interested in exploring this water sport, let us brief you on some essential details.
- The rapid levels range from Level 1 to Level 4
- The rafting distance, or the river rafting span is somewhere between 10 km to 12 km
- Depending on the speed of water, weather and the season, the duration of river rafting can vary between 2 hours to 2.5 hours
- The grade and endurance level are medium
- You don’t require swimming skills to participate in this whiter river rafting experience
- It is not necessary to be skilled in white river rafting or to have a previous experience before embarking on this rafting trip
Important Things to Keep in Mind
To enjoy the river rafting in Kolad, there are essential things that need to be considered to make your adventure fun, safe & exciting. Here are the points to follow.
- Transportation from Rafting end point to beginning point is not provided
- You will have to share an auto or hire a jeep with other teammates to get back to the start point, in case you have a driver, they can pick you up from the end point
- It is best you change and reach the destination, as there are no changing rooms available on the site
- Make sure you keep a water bottle with yourself, as there is no drinking water availability on site
- Wear comfortable clothes that you would be comfortable staying soaking wet in for 2 hours or more
- It’s best to avoid denim and any kind of tight outfit
- Wear goot fitting shoes or sandals, and avoid slippers, as there is a possibility that you will lose them in the fierce waterbody while rafting
- You should carry a set of dry clothes and towels to dry up later, but please keep in mind that there are no changing rooms in close proximity
- You can carry a camera, but carry it at your own risk. During rafting you can either leave your belongings with the guide or if you have your own personal vehicle then you can keep it inside that
- Apply generous amounts of sunscreen and wear full sleeve clothes to avoid tanning
- Carry a waterproof bag for all your essentials, and gadgets
Book Your Luxurious Stay in Kolad
If you are excited to enjoy the white river rafting sport in Kolad, you must book your stay at one of the best luxury hotels & resorts in this small hamlet in the Raigad district of Maharashtra. Now, scrolling for multiple options may swallow most of your time; hence, to value your time, we suggest you book jüSTa Rudra Resort & Spa. This luxury resort features all kinds of luxury facilities that any guest would expect. Let us have a brief overview of them starting from:
When choosing for your staycation, every guest would be interested in knowing the room facilities provided by a hotel or resort. Talking about jüSTa Rudra Resort & Spa, this luxury resort in Kolad has 58 rooms in total comprising 4 different room categories, including:
Superior Room: Spread at 220 sq. ft, this room is facilitated with all kinds of modern amenities that make it a suitable option for both business & leisure trips. Coming to its interiors, you have a choice to pick for either twin or king-sized beds. The white hues of the room bring a calm ambience, & the beautiful scenic painting adds more charm to it. From your room, you can have wonderful views of mountains & lush green gardens, making your stay worth memorable.
Premium Room: Premier rooms are another example of the epitome of luxury at jüSTa Rudra Resort & Spa. These rooms are spacious at 220 sq. ft. & are stuffed with all modern amenities that make it a perfect place to untwine. With the provision of a private seating room, LED TV & seamless Wi-Fi service at your service, it gives guests a great time enjoying their favourite television programs & watching buffering videos on their mobile. For dining out with your loved ones, there is a private patio attached with all rooms encircled with lush green surroundings. If you are an art lover, the beautiful painting here cannot go unnoticed from your vision.
Deluxe Room: If you are searching for a luxury stay in Kolad, then staying at a Deluxe room spacious at 322 sq. ft can make you experience luxury with all modern amenities. The beautiful floral patterns & amazing artwork within the room will make you acknowledge the unusual creativity of underrated artists worldwide. Having the private balcony attached with all rooms, you can enjoy the natural beauty of Kolad including its gorgeous mountains. With the unmatched hospitality services here, you will enjoy your stay at the Deluxe room.
Cottage Room: You can also opt for a private Cottage room spread at 125 sq. ft. This room is exceptionally cosy & luxurious to enjoy a perfect staycation in Kolad. The rustic interior charm of this room is filled with luxurious amenities with a modern touch. Providing an attached private bathroom makes you spend a great time under the shower, releasing all the stress in your mind. With the white hues’ tones, the room’s aesthetics beautifully represent the natural charm of Kolad.
Apart from room facilities, jüSTa Rudra Resort & Spa facilitates its guests with other range of services, including a wellness spa, a swimming pool, an in-house dining restaurant named Konkan Café & Bar, a banquet hall (equipped with different-seating style arrangement), & a multi-purpose sports complex to enjoy games of your choice.
Planning a trip to Kolad & experiencing a thrilling white river rafting adventure sport here will surely make your travel journey memorable. To experience a hassle-free stay in this small hamlet of Maharashtra, we have suggested the best luxury resort that would satiate you with all the luxurious facilities it is stocked with. So, time to pack your bags & get ready to embark on your journey to Kolad.
How to commute from the endpoint back to the starting point?
You will be able to find local auto rickshaws that will drop you back to the starting point for 600 rs. You can negotiate further based on the location of your stay, or the location where you have parked your vehicle or left your belongings. You can also get drivers for rs 300 if you have come with your personal vehicle.
Is Kolad River Rafting Safe?
You have nothing to worry about. Although the rafting reaches grade level 3, there are certified trainers who will instruct and teach you how to row and navigate the raft properly. You will also be provided with a helmet and life jacket, for your safety.
How to reach the River Rafting Destination?
You can download the information from Google maps, and easily navigate it with the help of the same. Although it is advisable to download the map and address well in advance, as the location has a bad reception issue.
Are there changing rooms or washrooms available at the start point or the end point?
Although there is no changing room available, there is a basic setup for the washroom at both start and end point. As a bonus you can also find a lot of local dhabas at the end point, where you can enjoy a cup of tea and snacks, before heading back to the start point or back to your hotel or resort.