If you are a traveller who prefers visiting places tucked away from the crowded city life, then Mukteshwar is an ideal choice for peace & fresh air. The place has been named after the famous Mukteshwar Shiva temple, & is now one of the favourite travel destinations in Uttarakhand. If you are seeking a tranquil journey, we bring you the Mukteshwar travel guide, where we will mention the names of those must-see places in Mukteshwar that are worth exploring with your loved ones.
Top must-see places in Mukteshwar to explore during your family vacation
Among many best travel destinations in Uttarakhand, Mukteshwar is one such place that comes as an ideal retreat for peace seekers & couples who wish to plan a destination wedding in Mukteshwar. Here are the top places that you should visit.
- Mukteshwar Temple – It is a famous Shiva temple attracting maximum devotees from all over India to get blessings of this merciful & easily-appeased Hindu deity.
- Sitla – A popular attraction in Mukteshwar for its colonial-style houses, birdwatching, & trekking.
- Ramgarh – Once a British cantonment, this small town is also a tourist attraction for its orchards of apples, peaches, & apricots. It has also been a homestay of legendary authors.
- Chauli Ki Jali – Also known as Chauthi Jali, this place is a famous tourist spot behind the Mukteshwar Temple. An ideal visit for sightseeing, rappelling, & rock climbing.
- Peora – Peora is also one of the must-visit places in Mukteshwar to explore for bird watching, photography, trekking, & breathtaking views of the Himalayan mountains.
- Bhalugaad Falls – Catch the fantastic sight of this cascading waterfall gushing from 60 ft. high. You can visit this place in any season.
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute – Founded in 1893, this place is a significant milestone in the history of veterinary science in India.
- Mukteshwar Inspection Bungalow – This travel spot is worth visiting for its historical significance, & architectural wonder. Come here to explore the natural beauty around it.
- Methodist Church – This divine visit is worth exploring to experience peace when praying to Jesus. The church is specially carved by rocks when crossing through Chowfulli.
Places to explore nearby Mukteshwar
- Almora – This place is a perfect weekend getaway to enjoy your family vacation. Singauri, Chitai Golu Temple, & Bal Mithai are major tourist attractions.
- Corbett National Park – This famous wildlife sanctuary is home to Bengal tigers, & many other animal & bird species. It is worth adding to your Mukteshwar itinerary list.
- Nainital – Popularly called ‘Queen of Lakes’, this nearby place to Mukteshwar is worth visiting for Naini Lake for boating, temples, & sprawling markets. It is also one of the nearby must-see places in Mukteshwar.
- Ranikhet – This charming travel destination near Mukteshwar is famous for its natural beauty, tranquil atmosphere, rolling hills, Jhula Devi Temple, & Kumaon Garrison Centre.
- Bhowali – It is a scenically blessed hill station that should be visited for its snow-capped mountains, lush green forests, lakes, farms, orchards, & tea estates.
- Rishikesh – This sacred destination stocks many temples where travellers can find peace. People from all across the regions come here to take a holy dip in the Ganges & for adventure activities.
- Sattal – The place got its name due to seven captivating lakes. Visit this place for birdwatching, wildlife, camping, rowing, kayaking, & kayaking.
- Naukuchiatal – Like Sattal, this place is also known for its nine-cornered lakes, & is an ideal retreat for peace seekers. You can indulge in many adventure sports here.
- Bhimtal – It was named after Bhima, the second among the five Pandavas from Mahabharata, who is said to have created this lake. Boating, kayaking, & zorbing are some activities to do here.
Adventure activities to explore in Mukteshwar
Make your travel experience more exciting with top things to explore in Mukteshwar. Below is the list of some adventure activities to do here.
- Rock climbing – If you do not fear heights, rock climbing is challenging yet adventurous fun to test your confidence when crawling through cliffs.
- Trekking – Mukteshwar is a great place for trekkers as it holds many trekking trails. So, if you are all set for it, visit this wonderful place in Uttarakhand.
- Paragliding – Live your dream of having an air drive with paragliding sport in Mukteshwar. You can even opt for paragliding courses, & packages here.
- Camping – In Mukteshwar, camping tents are provided by many camps in different parts. Camping ranges in various forms, including survivalist camping, & winter camping.
- Watching the sunrise from Nanda Devi peak – Witnessing the sunrise above Nanda Devi Peak is a must-to-do activity in Mukteshwar. Capture this beautiful view on your camera lens.
- Nature walk – Experience viewing the breathtaking sights of encircling valleys & hills by visiting the nearby hill stations to Mukteshwar.
- Wildlife safari – If you are a wildlife buff, grab the golden chance to visit Corbett National Park & be the luckier one spotting the striped big cat.
Best time to visit Mukteshwar
When visiting Mukteshwar, you should be familiar with the weather conditions to avoid problems.
- Summer (March to June)
In Mukteshwar, the summer season starts in April & ends in June. The days are warm, but you can expect cool temperatures at night. Hence, you can enjoy your weekend break as the weather is not that humid & sweltering here.
- Monsoon (July to September)
If you are interested in visiting Mukteshwar during the monsoon season, you can expect some light showers between July and September. This is the best time to explore the natural beauty of this place amidst the rain.
- Winter (October to February)
Some people may prefer visiting the place in winter to enjoy the snowfall. In that case, they must visit from October to February. The weather during this time ranges from 3°C to 17°C. Watching the snow-capped mountains at backdrops will be a memorable experience for honeymoon couples.
How to reach Mukteshwar by Road, Train And Air
- By road: You can reach Mukteshwar by road via state-run buses that run from Delhi’s ISBT. The roadway journey will take 8 hr from Delhi.
- By train: The nearest railway station to reach Mukteshwar is Kathgodam Railway Station. This railway junction is 56 km from Mukteshwar, & is well-connected with major cities including Lucknow, Delhi, & Kolkata.
- By air: Pantnagar is the nearest airport, which is around 100 km from Mukteshwar. You can hire a taxi when descending from the airport.
Promising resorts in Mukteshwar for your comfortable stay
To enjoy your vacation comfortably, we want you to have an unforgettable experience at jüSTa Mukteshwar Retreat & Spa. This 5-star boutique luxury resort in Mukteshwar is nestled at 7500. Staying at this resort is an advantage to experience the panoramic views of the lofty Himalayas, lush green forests, & a fantastic atmosphere for relaxation. The facilities it provides to its guests include 32 luxury rooms acquainted with world-class amenities, plus other miscellaneous features like an indoor heated pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam, & Sansha Spa for a rejuvenating treatment.
The resort has a multi-cuisine restaurant named Sabor, one of the best restaurants in Mukteshwar, where you can dine out for a memorable culinary experience with local Kumaoni cuisine, & other ranges of Continental, Indian, & Chinese cuisines. The restaurant windows offer fantastic views of mountains, tea gardens, & mighty Himalayas. After enjoying your meal, you can have drinks & snacks at its Kaafal Cafe.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mukteshwar Travel Guide
Q. Is it safe to travel to Mukteshwar?
A. Yes, it is safe to travel to Mukteshwar. The locals here are very humble & ensure the safety of tourists.
Q. What are the top attractions to explore in Mukteshwar?
A. The top attractions in Mukteshwar are Mukteshwar Mahadev Temple, Chauli Ki Jali, Sitla, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Bhalugaad Falls, etc.
Q. Which are the other nearby hill stations to Mukteshwar?
A. The nearby hill stations to Mukteshwar are Nainital, Rishikesh, Corbett National Park, Ranikhet, Almora, Bhimtal, Sattal, Bhowali, etc.
Q. Are there any adventure activities to experience in Mukteshwar?
A. Yes, there are adventure sports to experience in Mukteshwar. These include rock climbing, trekking, camping, wildlife safari, paragliding, etc.
Q. Which is the best time to visit Mukteshwar?
A. The best time to visit Mukteshwar in summer is from March to June. In Monsoon, you can expect rainfall from July to September, & in winter, the ideal time to visit is from October to February.
Q. Which is the nearest airport to Mukteshwar?
A. The nearest airport to Mukteshwar is Pantnagar Airport, with a distance of around 100 km.
Q. Which is the nearest railway station to Mukteshwar?
A. Kathgodam Railway Station is the nearest railway station to reach Mukteshwar. It is 56 km from the latter destination.
Q. Are there any best resorts to stay in Mukteshwar?
A. jüSTa Mukteshwar Retreat & Spa is the best resort to consider for your staycation in Mukteshwar. It is equipped with all sorts of modern facilities, & other luxury amenities.