Among many popular travel destinations in Uttarakhand is Jim Corbett National Park, known for being a safe habitat for endangered Bengal tigers. Before it became famous for its current name, it was earlier called Hailey National Park during the time of its foundation in 1936. Spread widely at 520 sq. ft, it enfolds marshy depressions, grasslands, hills, a large lake, & much more. If you are planning a short trip, we bring a travel guide regarding how you can experience thrilling wildlife in Jim Corbett National Park.
Corbett Travel Guide: Enjoy thrilling wildlife in Jim Corbett National Park
Nestled in the foothills of the mighty Himalayas in Uttarakhand’s Nainital district, Jim Corbett is a worthwhile trip with your family including your little ones, who too will have an enthralling experience here. Below are the things you should explore when visiting this famous wildlife site.
Exploring flora & fauna
Jim Corbett National Park is gifted with an abundance of flora & fauna. The region has natural attractions, including distinct plant life, rivers, mountains, Sal forests, streams, & Khair-Sisso forests. You will be surprised to know that there are 600 species of plants, bamboo forests, & a wide variety of trees & shrubs.
Jim Corbett National Park, as we know it, is famous for its endangered Bengal tigers, the main attractions. In winter, spotting these striped big cats is possible, especially in the mornings. Apart from Bengal tigers, the other animals in Jim Corbett to notice here are:
- Bengal tigers
- Barking deer
- Sloth bear
- Asiatic black bear
- Hog deer
- Yellow-throated marten
This wildlife sanctuary is also home to various bird species including:
- Orange-breasted green pigeon
- White-backed vulture
- Pallas fish eagle
- Tawny fish owl
- Golden oriole
- Great pied hornbill
- Himalayan woodpecker
Visiting different safari zones
To make your travel journey exciting & thrilling, then you should explore safari zones in Jim Corbett National Park. These are:
- Durgadevi – best for spotting several exotic birds
- Dhikala – is known for its rich biodiversity
- Bijrani – best for spotting Bengal tigers
- Jhirna – exploring picturesque wildlife spots
- Dhela – ample space for picnicking
Places you should visit in Corbett National Park
There are many tourist attractions in Jim Corbett that you must visit on your trip.
- Corbett Museum – for belongings of hunter-turned-conservationist Jim Corbett
- Corbett Fall – experience a mesmerising view of the cascading waterfall from 66 ft. high
- Kalagarh Dam – an amazing dam surrounded by picturesque landscapes
- Kosi River – a vast drinking water spot for most animals & birds
- Sitabani Forest Reserve – home to several wild animals & bird species
- Durga Mandir – a revered temple dedicated to Goddess Durga
- Garjia Temple – a rock temple located in the middle of the Kosi River
Top Things to do
There are top many things to do in Jim Corbett like:
- Catching the glimpse of royal Bengal tigers via jeep safari
- Enjoying elephant ride
- Camping at Camp Corbett, Camp Riverwild Resort, & Corbett Bijrani Camp
- Trekking in permitting spots of the national park
How to Reach Jim Corbet by Road, Train And Air
To visit Jim Corbett National Park, you can choose the following routes.
- By Road: Since Ramnagar is well-connected with major cities, you won’t face any problem finding the local buses to reach Jim Corbett.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is Ramnagar Railway Station. After descending from here, you can take a taxi to Jim Corbett.
- By Air: Pantnagar (PGH) Airport is the nearest airport to Jim Corbett. From here you can take a taxi to reach the national park.
Book your stay in wilderness at Jim Corbett
After getting brief information about what to do in Jim Corbett, let us suggest a better staycation option at this national park, jüSTa Lazy Haven Corbett. This is one of the top-rated luxury resorts in Corbett, located within its wilderness surroundings.
Rooms: Booking it for your staycation is the best choice as it features 24 Premium rooms, giving a perfect luxury staycation amidst the lush green forests of the national park. Superior & Deluxe are other room options you can opt for. Every room here has a private balcony from where you can experience the gorgeous view of the surroundings.
Dining: To enjoy relishing authentic delicacies, the resort has Sabor, a multi-cuisine restaurant, one of the best restaurants in Corbett, for a memorable culinary experience. The foods here are prepared with fresh ingredients giving you a mouth-watering taste when coming here for dining. You can order your desired dishes, snacks, or beverages here.
Other facilities: jüSTa Lazy Haven Corbett also offers its guests other luxury amenities, including a swimming pool (for kids & adults) & a spa to relax from your day touring. It has a lawn where you can organise your special event. Your wedding at Jim Corbett will also become a memorable affair here. Besides this, there is a kids’ play area where they can enjoy playing around.
Frequently Asked Questions About Jim Corbett National Park
Q. What makes Jim Corbett a famous travel destination in Uttarakhand?
A. Jim Corbett is famous for being a habitat of endangered Bengal tigers & many other animal species, & different varieties of birds.
Q. What are the best activities to do in Jim Corbett National Park?
A. There are many activities to do in Jim Corbett National Park including spotting tigers via jeep safari, camping, birdwatching, & trekking.
Q. What is the best time to visit Jim Corbett National Reserve?
A. You can visit Jim Corbett National Reserve across the year, but the best time is from November to mid-May.
Q. What are the famous tourist attractions in Jim Corbett?
A. The famous tourist attractions to explore in Jim Corbett include Corbett Fall, Corbett Museum, Kosi River, Kalagarh Dam, Garjia Temple, Durga Temple, & Sitabani Forest Reserve.
Q. Is it possible to visit all the zones with one-entry permission in Jim Corbett?
A. No, the permission of each safari zone is applicable only for a particular zone that you have booked.
Q. Can we take our mobile phones in jeep safari?
A. Yes, you can carry your mobile phones in jeep safari. But avoid making any sound in the premises of the park.
Q. What is the strategy of booking tickets for safari in Jim Corbett National Park?
A. You have to make an online advance booking within 45 days. For foreign tourists the bookings should be done 90 days in advance.
Q. Which are the top safari zones in Jim Corbett?
A. The top safari zones to visit in Jim Corbett are Dhela Zone, Dhikala Zone, Bijrani Zone, Jhirna Zone, Durgadevi Zone, & Sitabani Zone.